When you design #applewatch application You can choose only one navigation model.
- for master-detail interface
- to present a navigable list of options...
but avoid creating to many levels!
Page - based
- to present collection of information
- Vertically scroll is used to display page
- Horizontally swipe is used to change between pages
but avoid displaying too many pages!
Purpose: helps people to get a quick look at content
- Should contain value information
- Should be easy to read
- Upper and lower portions of the glance provide standard baseline for content
- Upper-right corner is reserved for system status indicators
- Align content to the left
- Used to communicate important information
- There is two stages of notification: long look and short look
- Short-look and long-look interface is provided automatically if app supports notification
- Contains brief but meaningful information about notification
- When wrist is lower short look disappears
- If user’s wrist remains raised, AppleWatch displays a long look
- Title of short-look notification should be short and easy to understand
- Remember about user’s privacy: avoid including potentially sensitive text
- Appears when wrist remains raised or when the wearer taps a short look notification
- Custom long look can be statistic and dynamic
- Static look displays text and imaginary
- Dynamic look gives access to full content
- App’s sash contains app icon and name
- It is possible to choose sash color or select the blurred sash option
- Dismiss button is added by system automatically
- Digital crown can be used to scroll long look
- It is possible to add up to four custom action buttons
A modal sheet is a full-screen view that slides over the main app interface
- Top-left corner is reserved for Close button which is always white. It is possible to retitle
- Don’t use “back” or “<” because you may mislead wearers
- Don’t use close button to title page
- Provide a separate accept button
- Don’t display second modal sheet
- Handoff is used to convey action started on AppleWatch on other devices
- It is shown on mobile devices as a small icon in low left corner. Unlocking the phone will open to the same screen the Watch was on.
More interesting informations on: https://developer.apple.com/watch/human-interface-guidelines/app-components/